Friday 21 February 2014

Walk Animation

After completing the idle animation for my character, I started working on a walk cycle, which I could implement in the final cinematic.
First, I just started working on the animation and very quickly I had walk cycle for my character, there were some slight issues with it and some things needed to be fixed. I realized that I forgot to animate the hips and character bouncing or going up and down, which made the character look very stiff and not very realistic. After those changes were made my walk cycle was finished.

I did a little research on the interned for some probs for my character, like a bow, quiver and arrow, which are important for my characters personality and role in the story. So I came across what I was looking for and implemented that in to my walk cycle animation. First, I animated the bow so at it follows the arms movement and the quiver and arrow, which were on his back you go up and down. Later on did I realize that I could put a locator from the bow to the arm, so it can follow the arms movement and it will look more believable as well as I imputed the bouncing of the body, so he can look like he is actually walking. The result you can see on the image below.

No comments:

Post a Comment