Monday 10 March 2014

Reference For Cinematic

Along side the animations I was doing, I was gathering reference for my final animations which I will use in the cinematic.
The best reference I found was from the game "The Last of Us". Considering there is a bow as a weapon and there is a lot of sneaking and stealth in this game, I found it very resourceful for my animations. In our storyboard for the cinematic, my character is a hunter and he is using a bow as a weapon, I picked this particular mission from the whole game called "The Hunt", because in it the character is hunting a deer and there are some very good poses and it's very similar to what I will use for my final animations.
I will be using these reference images for my run, stealth, shoot, slide, walk and jump animations from which the stealth, shoot, run and slide will be implemented in the final cinematic.



The other source I used for reference was "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug". In the movie there was a particular scene in the begging of the movie in which "Legolas" one of the characters, slides under a giant spider, which is very similar to what my character will do, except he will be sliding under a tree root and a fallen tree branch, not a giant spider.
After that he will crouch and shoot with his bow.





No comments:

Post a Comment